SIXTH ANNUAL CANADIAN NEUROSCIENCE MEETING
May 20-23, 2012 - Vancouver, BC
CAN Young Investigator Award
The CAN Young Investigator Award recognizes outstanding research achievements by a young neuroscientist at the early stage of his or her career.
Award: The awardee will have the opportunity to present at the CAN annual meeting. The award consists of economy class travel to the meeting, accommodation at the conference hotel for three nights, complimentary conference registration and a $1000 award presented at the CAN annual meeting (1).
Eligibility: Candidates must hold a PhD or MD degree (or equivalent), hold an academic or independent research appointment, be within 7 years of their first appointment in a Canadian university or affiliated research institution at the time of application (2) and must be a current member in good standing with the Canadian Association for Neuroscience.
Nomination Material: A letter of nomination signed by three CAN regular members, along with the CV of the nominee should be submitted to the CAN Secretariat by email. Decisions are made by the CAN awards committee.
To Apply: Please send nominations to Brian MacVicar, Chair of the Nominating Committee, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: March 19th 2012.
(1) Travel to be arranged by the recipient. Hotel accommodation will be made by CAN. Receipts for travel to be sent to the CAN Secretariat within 14 days after the conference for reimbursement of expenses, plus the honorarium.
(2) Time spent in research appointments in a non-academic setting (e.g., industry, government) count towards the 7-year limit if the candidate has been actively engaged in research, as demonstrated by the candidate’s publication record, and the candidate was not considered to be in training (e.g., as a student or postdoctoral fellow).
Trainees who are members of CAN may apply for support to attend the Meeting by providing the information detailed below to Dr. Jaideep Bains at email@example.com. Please indicate "CAN travel award application" in the subject line of your e-mail.
DEADLINE: March 20, 2012
- Both Supervisor and Student/PDF must be current paid members of CAN-ACN before the application is submitted.
- Student/PDF must be first -presenting author on abstract
- Student/PDF must not have received a CAN-ACN travel award within the last two years
Student/PDF must send the following information:
- Full Name
- Name of supervisor
- E-mail Address
- Full Academic Address
- An electronic (or paper) copy of your abstract with the list of authors (Applicant must be first author)
The Supervisor must provide the following information:
- Full name (supervisor)
- Name of applicant
- Confirmation that the applicant is registered as a Master's or Doctoral student, or is active as a post-doctoral fellow at your institution.