SIXTH ANNUAL CANADIAN NEUROSCIENCE MEETING
May 20-23, 2012 - Vancouver, BC
All posters have been allocated a poster session and poster board number.
Set-Up / Removal
The posters have been divided into three sessions, Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 of the meeting. Poster presenters must setup and remove their posters during the following times.
Set-up: Monday, May 20, between 7:00 and 8:00
Remove: Monday, May 20, between 17:30 and 18:00
Set-up: Tuesday, May 22, between 7:00 and 8:00
Remove: Tuesday, May 22, between 17:00 and 18:00
Set-up: Wednesday, May 23, between 7:00 and 8:00
Remove: Wednesday, May 23, between 14:30 and 15:00
Dedicated poster session times
Monday: 3:30 - 5:30
Tuesday: 3:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 12:30 - 2:30
It is mandatory for you to be at your poster during your dedicated poster session times (noted above). It is also highly recommended that you are in attendance at your poster during the coffee break.
Guidelines for poster presentation
- You will be provided with a maximum surface area of 4' x 4' (120 cm x 120 cm) to display your poster. Posters can not exceed this size.
- Push pins will be provided for you to affix your poster to the display board.
- You may hand out information sheets to those viewing your poster.
- Poster material must be prepared in advance and should be large enough to be viewed from a distance of approximately 3' (1 m) or more.
- Each poster must have a top label indicating the title of the paper, the names of the authors and their affiliations. The size of the characters for the title should be at least one inch high.
- Keep illustrative material simple. Charts, drawings and illustrations may be similar to those used in marking slides - preferably with bolder, heavier figures. These materials should be mounted on fairly stiff paper - but NOT heavy cardboard.
- "Introduction" and "Conclusion" sections are usually helpful.
- When feasible, use graphs for demonstrating qualitative relationships, tables of precise numerical values.
- If used, photographs should be in a matte finish, not glossy.
- Do not fold posters; roll and carry them in an appropriate container.
- Do not mail poster presentations in advance; bring them with you to the Meeting.
- Meeting staff will be present to assist you during the poster set up times
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the author(s). Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of by meeting staff.
For more information on poster presentations, please contact CAN@dearmondmanagement.com